<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 13, 2003

I don't get it why people have to actually repeat what you say whenever you answer their question. Like for example one customer came in for a typing job (this conversation transpired in Filipino):
Customer: Can I have this typed? (handing over a bunch of papers with handwritten notes)
Me: I'm sorry but the regular typist just took a break.
Customer: ...took a break. (pause)
Me: You could try coming back later.
Customer: ...Come back later. (after another pause) What time?
Me: I dunno, maybe after an hour?
Customer: ...After an hour. (another long pause)
Me: Uh... hello?
Customer: ...Hello.

Ok I'm kidding about the last part but this kind of powwow goes on and on. They'd stare as if weighing my words and trying to find out if I was telling the truth. I dunno, all I know is that they like to stare. Are my words hypnotizing them that they have to stare and repeat everything I say? It's freaky I tellz ya! Freaky!!!

Hmmm... Maybe I should have followed it with "I will hand over to you all my money."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?