<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 28, 2003

I had one of the freakiest dreams last night. I was awoken in the middle of the night and I didn't know why. I wasn't really that awake but I was conscious of my surroundings. I tried to blank my mind by staring lazily at the window at the end of the room and as I turned my head to the left to go to sleep I felt something like a hand clap over my mouth. I became scared and tried to wake up, I tried to recall an article that to successfully wake yourself from bangungot you have to move or wiggle your big toe. I tried moving both my thumbs but I couldn't, then I realized I was half asleep and trying to individually move a part of your body at this state is impossible. In my desperation I tried biting the hand (the hand was still there but I couldn't bite any of it). Good thing I was able to turn my head and eventually my body to the right thereby stopping the nightmare in its tracks. I looked at my phone and saw the time was 3:00 a.m. I fought any attempt to fall asleep for a few minutes for fear that it would return but after whispering some prayers I eventually fell asleep. This experience made me think that those who died of bangungot probably succumbed to fear. They died from the shock of being attacked by something they couldn't see. Should we feel helpless in the face of invisible attacks? Hardly. Say your prayers before bedtime and you won't have anything to worry about.

Changing topics now...

It was also great seeing two of my good 'ol chums from Don Bosco last night. We had a lot of laughs and catching up over dinner at that swanky mall, Podium. Out of the original seven only the three of us remain in the country. The rest have settled down in different states of the US and one in Canada. Thanks for the time guys, maybe the next time we get together hopefully we would all be complete.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?