<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 15, 2003

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention today's the last day of our shop. Some of our workers have been packing the shelves and stuff. They've already carted off half of everything and the place looks a lot bigger than what I'm used to. It now looks like the first time we occupied this space. There I was in the middle of this room full of dreams and visions. Aspirations of turning the world of internet cafés upside down filled my mind. It's going to be a lot different than the others, I'd also create a haven for artists to showcase their works. Framed artworks would line the walls and announcements outside the door would herald the exhibits inside and of indie artists that would be performing during the weekends. Some came true in ways far from what I initially imagined and some didn't. But the best of all the years in this job are those times where friendships were formed and solidified. Some of the best I couldn't have formed on my own but with His grace and approval came to be. It was also here where I matured a lot and I do mean a lot. Gobs and gobs of maturity. Maturity by the truckloads. Brought on by regrets, by fights, by listening, by counselling, by being counselled, by reading, by searching, by going to places where no man has ever gone before. But these regrets are shortlived, the fights have been resolved, and though I'm just a fourth in my journey I'm extremely grateful for the knowledge and wisdom I have acquired and the lessons learned. I wouldn't exchange everything I gained and lost along the way for it is through these experiences that made me who I am today. Friendships would continue, life would still go on but the challenges will be different. Rules will played on an entirely different level. I don't consider this as a loss, rather I consider it as a promotion. Yeah.

I'd probably miss this place where I had meself a lion's share of the best and the worst of times. But since I hate goodbyes, I'd prefer not to.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?