<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 04, 2003

Lyndon and I had a very lively discussion last night and one of those that I've opened up is the fact that I'm anti-trends. While everyone is going south because it's the "in" thing to do I'd move at my own pace facing north. I brought this up since everyone who everyone is in to Friendster nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I think that portal is a great place to test if the six degrees of separation applies to you or not and I even accepted the invitation of my brother to sign up way, way before everyone thought it would be cool to do so. These days I don't feel like logging in there. I liked it way better when everyone I saw there was people I don't know, a virtual online paradise where you could get to know other people from other countries (well, ok, Fil-Ams). But now that everyone's in it, it feels crowded and I don't like it at all. And this doesn't only apply to Friendster. I'm an indie in almost everything I do and like. I just don't like following trends. There were a couple of times that I did but I still moved at my own pace and not going gaga over every little thing that comes out. It doesn't mean that if everyone's doing it you have to do it too, what's our reasoning for if we're not going to use them to discern between choices? These lines from a song comes to mind:
Say you don't care who goes to that kind of place
Knee deep in the hoopla, sinking in your fight
Too many runaways eating up the night!

Can you spell frustrated and tired in swimming against the tide? I'll be logging in to Friendster sometime in future when all this hoopla dies down.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?