<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

I spent time meeting with two groups of friends last night. The first one was with the group of artists in our weekly gatherings in Starbucks. Though the numbers of friends dwindle due to different reasons, the cause for gathering is still there. I enjoyed my time even in the short time that I have allotted for them. I wish I could have stayed longer and I do hope that we could all gather again next week. I do understand that some of us have already moved on but as long as there is a Friday then I guess there will always be reasons to meet up with them.

The second was a sort of an impromptu meeting for the core group of our high school friends for the upcoming December batch reunion. It's understandable that the others didn't get to go and meet with us due to legit reasons (final count for the night amounted to four). We still got to enjoy each other's company reminiscing about the old times and the activities we've been in since then. Souls were bared and the past was dug up over bottles of lite booze. We enjoyed a lot of laughs and agreed about a lot of things again, though most of them may be trivial it meant a lot to us who were there. Tomorrow there will a larger gathering in the house of one of our classmates and I'm looking forward to that one.

I can't put into words how very fortunate I am to be living in an age as this. I am so very, very grateful to have been surrounded by friends such as these. Friends you share some laughs, where you can be yourself, and who thinks the way you do. One of my friends, John, said last night that one should be careful in dealing with people earlier on since time has a funny way of reversing roles. Who would have thought that those he ran in conflict with in the past would be the ones he's having the time of his life with right now? Robin agreed and told us how his best friend in elementary could be now be easily a stranger in the way he changed over time? The same goes for me, who would have thought that these people who came from the opposite end of the spectrum as me would turn out to be the company I'm now enjoying? I regret that it would just be a matter of time before we would all grow old and depart for the next life. It seems that this present life is just too short to enjoy the company of one's friends. I'm not going to wait to tell them how much I appreciate them and how much happier they've made me. I'm grateful for everything they've done and everything they're going to do. If one were to ask me now if there's anything in the past that I regret, I would tell them no, I don't have to regret anything because everything I have right now is making up for it. And I don't have to regret anything that's yet to happen in the future because it's all gonna be taken cared of.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?