<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 21, 2003

One of the most useful advices that was given me was this: "Show your interest in the other person, don't be afraid to ask questions. That's how you make friends." Truth be told, I liked asking questions before just to coax the other person to talk about him or herself. But after all the frustrations and disappointments that came my way I sorta lost the drive to do so, but there's no better time to start than with old chums that I never got to know that much back then, right?

I dropped by Jorge's office on his request that we discuss the shirts we will be distributing in the December reunion. He even insisted that I have lunch at their office (everyone in their office insists that I eat whenever they see me). His wife, Sheila, was there studying and waiting for the time before she goes to school (she's studying law in Manila). The first hour everybody was real busy doing their stuff and making calls so I made myself scarce by eating the lunch they served me in the conference room. It was little after two when Sheila left to go to school, Joel left the office to go somewhere and Jorge finished his phonecall. We got to discuss the what to do with the shirt and stuff that the supplier was proposing (P190.00 /shirt). We jumped around to other topics and his face lit up when I asked him about his badminton history (apparently while everyone's getting badminton crazy nowadays, he started with the sport at the age of 8). He also told me that he was also into soccer aside from playing basketball. I almost lost track of time and what was supposed to be a short visit lasting an hour stretched out to four hours of talking. It was all good. Kinda missed all these times of talks and hanging out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?