<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2003


It's true! All the stories, all the reviews, all the praises that I've heard about this movie is true! I still can't find the words adequate to describe this experience. It's so great it goes waaaaaay beyond supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Ever since the Philippine Tolkien Society announced they were selling tickets to the premiere showing in Megamall I knew I had to get my hands on them no matter what, then I thought about having some company to share the experience with. So I invested on two more tickets and considered it a Christmas gift to these two dear friends of mine. Special effects and scenes aside (which a lot of reviewers will be writing on in the near future) it is a wonderful story of courage, loyalty, and being true to one's calling no matter what the cost. If you think that Frodo went through a lot just to get the one ring into the fires of Mount Doom, then Sam is the absolute icon of martyrs everywhere. People in the theater screamed and gushed over the "mushy" scenes between the two imposing their twisted ideas and fantasies on the friendship of these two valiant hobbits. I also got teary eyed during the Battle of Minas Tirith. I couldn't help it, it was all so beautiful. The sweeping panoramas of New Zealand's landscapes still manages to take one's breath away. I'll write about down my thoughts on this again when the regular showing of this movie starts next month. Oh yeah, before I forget... Eowyn rocks!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?