<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2004

I just got back from a successful mission in Middle Earth with the fellowship of old friends. I was only delivering a package, a caricature commissioned a couple of months ago when they recruited me to join their siege in Greenbelt 1. At first I thought it would only be a small group composed of me, my good friend Jorge, and his wife Sheila going alone to face the horde of Mordor. Imagine my surprise to learn that his brothers Joel, Joseph and girlfriend Dana would be joining us as well.

I was in near tears once again while watching the battle for Minas Tirith. The others still couldn't get over what they saw and wanted to know where they could sign up for Aragorn's army. It's really great sharing these experiences with friends up close near the screen and talking about it afterwards in their office over food and drinks. We will be gathering again tomorrow to celebrate Joseph's and Dana's first year anniversary together. They wouldn't hear of me not being there. This group, this fellowship, this band of brothers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?