<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Big day today with countless kids and anime geeks but I must confess I wasn't really excited about it as the others were. In the first place I'm Animax Channel deprived so I have the right to be a sort of a scrooge here, and second, ever since anime became such a really big thing with folks around here the novelty behind the idea started slipping away. It's not that big a deal for me anymore unlike before. Still my curiosity got the better of me so I agreed to meet the others in Glorietta Mall where the said event was being held the whole day. I got there around 4 p.m. and joined the others outside Starbucks waiting for the outcome of the cosplay contest.

After a while though Az, me, and Lyndon took off and joined the fray downstairs with the other kids (Haha!). After surveying the crowd we tried our chance at the entrance to the convention itself. It was cordoned off and judging by the size of the horde inside the gatekeepers were very picky with the number of people they were allowing to enter at the time. We squeezed ourselves near the front and luckily enough we were able to get in. With the exception of Lyndon, who gave up waiting after a while and parked himself in a nearby café. Here are some pictures from the con:


Wheeee!


The crowd was altready starting to thin out by this time.


Seven Shots of Wisdom performing with all git out


Careful... careful...


It's the attitude. Aight?


That's us with the birthday-bot, Astroboy.

That's right, robot celebrate their brithdays too and this was no ordinary bot. This particular individual started the anime craze in Japan in the 1960's. I'm not sure though why he has eyelashes (Guffaw!). What I really enjoyed earlier today was the performance of 7 shots. They were really bad and they were kickin! Fil-Ams are really fascinating to watch whenever they perform on stage. I should have gotten their autograph or something after their performance. I also enjoyed the fact that I had a lot of freebies like pendant pens, Animax posters, a balloon, and some others. Az and me met up with Lyndon again after the con and we all went home tired but happy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?