<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 06, 2004



I'm thinking of getting my own dog and I've narrowed it down to these two. Right now I'm stumped on what to pick since they both have great qualities I'm looking for.

Dog No. 1: The Basset Hound is a suitable dog for a family, apartment living, hunting, tracking, obedience, and multiple-pet households. He is extremely loyal, needs only moderate exercise, and is relatively easy to train (although he can be stubborn at times). His biggest faults as a home companion are his melodious voice, his penchant for following his nose wherever it takes him, and his slobber.

Dog No. 2: These dogs generally make good and loyal pets. Once you own one it is said that you will never want any other breed. They are trustworthy and naturally protective of the children in a family. They have a menacing bark and a superior guarding instinct, which has made them the guard dog of choice for police and military persons around the world.


Basically, what I'm looking for is a loyal companion who'd sit quietly beside me while I work and something I could pet while relaxing. Preferably one with a playful attitude, a good temperament to go around, and something I could have roaming around the house and sleeping on my bed at night. There's plenty of space for them to move around so exercising won't be much of a problem (plus the fact that I could take them with me for a walk everyday). Hmmm... Any thoughts on the matter?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?