<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 17, 2004

First the good news... I WON THE BIDDING WAR AT EBAY!!! I'm now the proud owner of an original wardrobe costume used by my favorite actor John Goodman in the made-for-TV movie version of A Streetcar Named Desire. Yessirree! I reached the reserve price and I am the highest bidder of them all!!! HOOWAH!!! To those who aren't familiar with who Mr. Goodman is, he's an underrated character actor who came out in almost a hundred movies like The Babe (in the title role as Babe Ruth), as Jeff Bridges' wacko Vietnam Veteran bowling partner in The Coen Brothers' The Big Lebowski, he starred as Richard Dreyfuss' best friend Al Yackey in Always, he also starred opposite Al Pacino in Sea of Love and Denzel Washington in Fallen. And he also supplied voices for animated characters like Baloo the Bear in Jungle Book 2 and Sulley in Monsters, Inc., among others. Some people might think it a frivolous purchase but this isn't any different from other people collecting stuff that they decide are important to them. And besides this is an original piece of Hollywood history which is billions and millions of lightyears better than any stuff I ever bought or had. That's right! Mwahahahaha!!!

Now the bad news: I never expected someone to try and outbid me at the last hour sending the original price right through the roof. No, let me correct that... right through the sky and into the edge of the universe! While I am glad I put double of the original amount as a security thing just in case someone tries to outbid me at the last minute I didn't expect the whole thing to cost as much. Sure it'll blow up a huge chunk of dough out of the money I've saved but then again who am I to complain? I've got one of the best collectible pieces in the whole world!


The loot

Woooooohoooooooooooo!!! I can't wait till it gets here!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?