<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

I really hate it when ideas for comic strips come out half baked even after more than a week's worth of percolating. I have everything laid out but the way the punchline is built up doesn't satisfy me. It's weak and lacks a certain "oomph!" that I can't put my finger on. I did manage to come up with three more panels than the usual during dinner. Thought it would be worth taking the risk  doing the illustrations first. The script will write itself in a weird if-you-build-it-they-will-come-sort-of-way. I hope. After dinner at the mall I transferred to my usual haunt, ordered their house special-tea (lemon flavored) and sat down to do my work. A couple of people passing by would stand and watch me work. It proved to be distracting and it didn't help any that I was still struggling with the build-up and punchline. This time I just wanted to be left alone. I don't need an audience watching me work nor anyone attempting to draw me into a conversation (I'd snarl and bare my fangs at them if they did). I finished everything some three hours later, hopeful that the dialogue would write itself up. I haven't a clue what time I'll be sleeping tonight, what's important is that I got to turn this in before 4 a.m. Whatta nightmare...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?