<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

I received an email out of the blue from a fellow cartoonist way out there in Boston, Massachusetts. His name's Lawrence San (I thought at first that he was a fellow Filipino). He informed me about an old portfolio site that I put up about a couple of years ago when I didn't know anything about HTML (I still don't know much about that stuff but I made some a little bit of progress since then). Right now I sort of regret putting up my portfolio in a site that requires a log-in registration. Anyway, it was a great surprise for me to read shout-outs from here and there. I also checked out his site (Cartoon Stories for Thoughtful People) which is pretty cool. I mean "deep freeze" cool. His cartoons don't talk about the usual stuff that can be found in the dailies but rather he uses them to ponder on the deeper side of life. Those that we think about during the times we're alone and philosophize on the Why's of life. Check out also his new blog Creative Notebook, where he discusses his thoughts about them creative stuff that goes on behind the scenes. These are real good stuff and I'm hoping to be able to talk with him more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?