<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 09, 2004

This may be the craziest thing I've done so far, but I'm thinking of bidding for an original movie prop on eBay. I'm no stranger to eBay but I haven't gotten around to biding on stuff found there particularly because I could live without most of those offered online. But that was before I stumbled upon an original costume used by my favorite actor in the CBS production of "A Streetcar Named Desire". When I saw it I knew I had to have it no matter how much it costs. I started texting my friend Gabe regarding her successful bid for an original Hollywood movie costume asking her advice on how to go about it. She replied and and gave me an useful tips on how the whole thing works and how much her item cost including the international shipping rate. This reminds me of the time I saw this original Filipino Revolutionary costume in one of the antique stores some years ago back when I was in college. It's close to a hundred years old and it costs P20,000.00. Though anyone would balk at the price tag, I didn't care about the amount as long as I have an important piece of history. My mom didn't like the idea of lending that huge amount of cash so I had to kill my urge to acquire it (as oppossed to just suppressing it). But not this time. I have no idea if the stuff I'm bidding for would go up the same rate as Gabe's did but I'm willing to take a stab at it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?