<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

The package has arrived! Though I was still asked to cough up some more dough for the customs people (the peeps who delivered it had no choice in the matter). I'm thinking, "Ok, no big deal...Just give me the package! NOW!" Hehehe. Now because of the very long wait I endured for this package to arrive the whole thing still hasn't sunk in. But the fact can't be denied I have one the original costumes my favorite actor John Goodman used in the 1995 TV-movie adaptation of A Streetcar Named Desire. Wow. The Hollywood memorabilia arrived wrapped in plastic inside a big white box along with an envelope containing the Certificate of Authenticity, a black and white promotional picture and two newspaper clippings showing the actor in the said scene with Jessica Lange wearing the suit that I won in eBay.


Promotional pic with (left to right) Diane Lane, Alec Baldwin, John Goodman and Jessica Lange.


The loot as it appeared on eBay.

This will be the first and last time that I'll be splurging on something this big a deal (a really huge deal in fact). This collectible was too good to pass up and like I told my good friend through e-mail, I can't be doing this once I get married so I might as well do it while I'm still able. Besides this is like an early Christmas and belated birthday gift to myself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?