<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 19, 2004

We had a full day of shopping in Greenhills. On the way there I thought of the article I read in a newspaper a week ago how we're turning out to be a tiangge culture right after Bangkok and Hong Kong. Already there's a new tiangge near SM Megamall with a more permanent location now being built to rival that of Greenhills. I'm not sure if the former's going to do things the way the latter does, which is to have a short break in which to shuffle the merchants and bring in some new merchandise thereby raising the appeal of the whole place further by constantly offering new stuff to novelty hungry consumers. But this time we're not in it for the sheer enjoyment of looking for new things but rather to pick up some new items that my parents and sister are bringing with them to Moscow on Friday. We bought some new barongs for my brother (who's working there), they tired to look for jackets, and unheard of Asian movies on DVDs. Speaking of these DVDs there's this one nook where they sell these said movies including film classics from the 1930's and 40's! You'll not only see Hollywood movies starring Shirley Temple, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, Audrey Hepburn, etc. but also middle eastern and asian movies from the same decades! And they're selling it for the price of a song! I picked an old movie titled You Can't Take It with You (1938) which I can still remember watching on TV back in the 80s. At the time I didn't what the title was but I could still remember the scenes and the actors and I thoroughly enjoyed it I vowed to myself I would be getting myself a personal copy (I didn't get to tape it on betamax at the time) so this kinda even things out. My sister also got herself a new phone after looking through different stores before going to SM Megamall to drop me and my mom off for lunch before going to her appointment. After eating I scanned through the graphic novels and Bibles at Powerbooks before joining my mom at the Surplus Shop to look for some winter jackets she would be bringing with her (the prices of which were waaaaay below the price of them new branded jackets in Greenhills). Then we looked for the toy my sister asked us to buy as a gift for her friend's sister's baby whose baptism was happening at the time. The bad thing about it was most of the items listed on the registry (I didn't know you could register for gifts at this big toy store) were out of stock so I was forced to stand for long periods while the store attendants looked for the items falling within the prescribed budget I chose (anything below P300 or $6 will be fine). By this time me and my mom were so exhausted we looked forward to going home. I'm not sure if we're stll going to see a movie later but it would still be okay if we won't. Anyway I feel I already filled up my gimik quota for the day.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?