<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 26, 2004



These are the very rough character designs I did for the next comic of His Story. While there are no immediate plans to create a follow-up to the story of Noah and the Great Flood hence no big reason for me to do the other characters that would be appearing in the comic, the need to create a distinctive look for each character was there (like putting a sea turtle on Noah's head as was inspired by that kid I saw in Assumption). I already have ideas for other stories like Jacob and Joseph, Cain and Abel, Balaam and his talking donkey, and Moses and Aaron so with these ideas coming through the greater need for each story to have distinctive and memorable characters was pushed to the fore. Like all the comics I did before, His Story also leans towards the nutty side of every story. I'm not poking fun at the story nor am I twisting it beyond what was written in the Bible nor do I dare to poke fun at God and his message. Rather I try to think up of funny things that could have happened if one reads between the lines without losing the essence of the story. The key is finding humor in situations to introduce brevity while creating an interest in the subject. After all, God gave us the ability to laugh as He himself isn't without a sense of humor.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?