<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 26, 2004

We buried my friend today, my artist friend who's sorely missed by everyone whose lives she touched. The wake was being held in Cavite City and I never knew how far that was from the metropolis until we got there. It was a closed coffin thing but her sister allowed us a peek when she couldn't: her face was a mess, I couldn't really tell that it was her. Mortuary make-up people didn't do much of a good job on her like the last few cadavers I visited. A few friends were there making a picture collage memorializing every happy moment that she spent. There were a lot of back stories, some of them pertaining to the sloppy way the police handled the case but I didn't get to catch some of them since everyone was talking in whispers and I didn't have the gall to ask her sister to repeat everything she said. The priest who officiated the funeral mass gave his final blessing to the dead and I think it gracious of him to do so, at least alleviating the family's grief one last time (because although the Catholic Church has softened its stand on granting suicides a christian burial because it's considered a serious sin, it often denies them the final blessing). We finished around late afternoon and stopped over to have dinner in Ayala Center in Makati City before finally heading home.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?