<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 01, 2005

I bought a bunch of new DVDs from Astroplus after realizing belatedly that a sale was going on (you gotta love this store for pulling down their prices down to a third of the regular price). Of the 5 titles that I got Back to the Future 1 & 2 (I didn't part 3 but I will later) are the best of the lot.


That's Billy Zane (at the back wearing a blue jacket) before he became famous.

The first one's a huge part of my childhood as me and my brothers and sister would watch it over and over again till we got almost all the dialogue memorized and then replaying them to each other like a bunch of jokes that only we understood. Some of the most memorable lines for us were:

George McFly: Lorraine, my density has brought me to you.
Lorraine Baines: What?
George McFly: Oh, what I meant to say was...
Lorraine Baines: Wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?
George McFly: Yes. Yes. I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.

George McFly: Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain.

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

Marty McFly: What if I send it in and they don't like it? What if they say I'm no good? What if they say "Get out of here, kid. You got no future."? I mean, I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection. Jesus, I'm starting to sound like my old man!

Lou: You gonna order something, kid?
Marty McFly: Ah, yeah... Give me a Tab.
Lou: Tab? I can't give you a tab unless you order something.
Marty McFly: Alright, give me a Pepsi Free.
Lou: You want a Pepsi, PAL, you're gonna pay for it.

Goldie Wilson: Say! Why do you let those boys push you around like that for?
George McFly: Well, they're bigger than me.
Goldie Wilson: Stand tall, boy. Have some *respect* for yourself. Don't you know if you let people walk over you now, they'll be walking over you for the rest of your life! Look at me. You think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in *this* slop house?
Lou: Watch it, Goldie!
Goldie Wilson: No sir! I'm gonna *make* something of myself. I'm going to Night School. And one day I'm gonna *be* somebody!
Marty McFly: That's right! He's gonna be mayor.
Goldie Wilson: Yeah, I'm gonna...
[smiles, one of his front teeth is gold]
Goldie Wilson: Mayor! Now *that?s* a good idea! I can run for Mayor.
Lou: A colored Mayor, That'LL be the day.
Goldie Wilson: You wait and see, Mr. Carruthers. I *will* be Mayor! I'll be the most powerful man in Hill Valley. And I'm gonna clean up this town.
Lou: Good. You can start by sweeping the floor.
[hands Goldie a broom]
Goldie Wilson: Mayor Goldie Wilson. Like the *sound* of that.

Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the United States in 1985?
Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor?
[chuckles in disbelief]
Dr. Emmett Brown: Then who's VICE-President? Jerry Lewis?
[later he rushes outside, down a hill and toward his laboratory]
Dr. Emmett Brown: I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady!
Marty McFly: Whoa! Wait! Doc!
Dr. Emmett Brown: And Jack Benny, the Secretary of the Treasury.
Marty McFly: Doc, You gotta listen to me.
Dr. Emmett Brown: I've had enough practical jokes for one evening. Good night, Future Boy!
Marty McFly: No, wait! Doc. The... the... the bruise... the bruise on your head. I know how that happened! You told me the whole story. You were standing on your toilet, and you were hanging a clock, and you fell, and you hit your head on the sink. And that's when you came up with the idea for the Flux Capacitor... which... is what makes time travel possible.

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc, are you trying to tell me that my mother has got the hots for me?
Dr. Emmett Brown: Precisely.
Marty McFly: Whoa, this is heavy.
Dr. Emmett Brown: There's that word again; "heavy". Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

Younger Dr. Emmett Brown: 1.21 jigawatts? 1.21 jigawatts? Great Scott!
Marty McFly: What the hell is a jigawatt?!

Marty McFly: Calvin? Wh... Why do you keep calling me Calvin?
Lorraine Baines: Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.

Marty McFly: Mom... is that you?
Lorraine Baines: There, there now. Just relax.
[pats a damp cloth on Marty's forehead]
Lorraine Baines: You've been asleep for almost nine hours now.
Marty McFly: I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamed that I went... back in time. It was terrible.
Lorraine Baines: Well... You're safe and sound now, back in good old 1955.
Marty McFly: 1955?!

George McFly: Who are you?
Marty McFly: Silence Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

Lorraine Baines: Our first television set. Dad just bought it today. Do you have a television set?
Marty McFly: Well, yeah! You know we have... two of them.
Milton Baines: Wow! You must be rich!
Stella Baines: Oh, honey, he's teasing you. Nobody has two television sets.

Marty McFly: [watching a Honeymooners episode in 1955] Hey, hey, I've seen this one. I've seen this one. This is a classic. This is the one where Ralph dresses up as the man from space.
Milton Baines: What do you mean, you've seen this? It's brand new.
Marty McFly: Yeah, well, I saw it on a...
[realizing]
Marty McFly: ...rerun.
Milton Baines: What's a rerun?
Marty McFly: You'll find out...
Stella Baines: Marty, you look so familiar to me. Do I know your mother?
Marty McFly: [turning to look at Lorraine, his mother in the future] Yeah, I think maybe you do...

Marty McFly: Do you know where Riverside Drive is?
Sam Baines: It's on the other end of town, a block past Maple. East end of town.
Marty McFly: A block past Maple? That's John F. Kennedy Drive.
Sam Baines: Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?

Stella Baines: He's a very strange young man.
Sam Baines: He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too. Lorraine, if you ever have a kid that acts that way I'll disown you.

So watching this movie would also be like travelling back in time (like 20 years ago). This got me thinking why there aren't any local fans coming out with a group that could be part of the NWA. Anyway, if you're a big fan of the trilogy like me you'd really, really, really want to check this link below:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?