<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 05, 2006



I knew I had to have this the first time I saw this book on the shelf near the entrance of the bookstore I frequently go to. The blurbs written at the back of the book jacket looked enticing as Henri Matisse is one of my favorite artists along with Michelangelo Buonarotti as well as Vincent Van Gogh. There's something about their being reclusive that I can totally relate to. Their art, of course, speaks volumes as countless of existing books testify but what about their personal lives? I've known about bits and pieces of what has been referred to as "dark night of the soul" that constantly haunt them during those times when they're alone. Those decisions that plagued them. After a few days deliberation I finally snatched the book from its place in the shelf and bought it. Good thing too since it was the only copy left and I also got a 20% discount off the cover price.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?