Today's Valentine's Day and of course we're not a killjoy when it comes to celebrating romantic love. So in order to celebrate this day I do present all you single men out there with a list for the Top 10 "Biblical Ways" To Find A Mate
along with the names of the romeos involved and a link providing the related verses:
10. Find a prostitute and marry her (Hosea)
9. Play Peeping Tom with the neighbor's bathing wife. Order her and have her delivered like pizza. (David)
8. Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, grab one you like and carry her off to be your wife (Benjamites)
7. Find a man with 7 daughters, impress him by watering his flock. You will get his daughter's hand in marriage for your trouble. (Moses)
6. Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you'll definitely find someone. It's all relative of course. (Cain)
5. Become the emperor of a huge nation and hold a beauty contest. The winner is your wife. (Xerxes)
4. Agree to work for 7 years in exchange for a woman's hand in marriage. Get tricked into marrying the wrong woman. Then work another 7 years for your bride. That's right, 14 years of toil for your wife. (Jacob)
3. Purchase a piece of property and get a woman as part of the deal. Price includes tax, title, and license. (Boaz)
2. Have God create a wife for you while you sleep. Note: this will cost you. (Adam)
And last but not least...
1. When you see someone you like, go home and tell your parents, "I have seen a woman; now get her for me." If your parents question your decision, simply say, "Get her; she's the one for me." (Samson)
* List was copied from, The One: A Realistic Guide To Choosing Your Soul Mate by Ben Young and Samuel Adams.