<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 19, 2006



We just came back from watched the last full show of Pink Panther at the mall and being familiar with the original series with Peter Sellers to tell you the truth I wasn't expecting much (blame the lone trailer for showing the same jokes over and over again). But I still had a grand time laughing at the many scenes particularly in the second half of the movie. Here are but some of those memorable lines from the movie:

Agent 006: Boswell. Nigel Boswell. 006. You know what that means?
Inspector Clouseau: Yes! You are just one shot away from the big time.

Ponton: He was found dead.
Inspector Clouseau: Was it fatal?
Ponton: Yes.
Inspector Clouseau: How fatal?
Ponton: Um, completely.
Inspector Clouseau: I want to talk to him now!

[trying to teach Clouseau an English accent]
Accent Expert: I would like to buy a hamburger.
Inspector Clouseau: I would like to buy a "damburgen."
Accent Expert: I would like to buy a ham-bur-ger.
Inspector Clouseau: I would like to buy a "damburgert!"
Accent Expert: I would like to buy a hamburger!
Inspector Clouseau: I would like to buy a "derberger!!"

Nicole: Do you live alone, Inspector?
Inspector Clouseau: Yes, I do.
Nicole: Do you ever get lonely?
Inspector Clouseau: No. Not since the Internet.


Football player: It's an idiom.
Inspector Clouseau: No, you sir, are the idiom!

Inspector Clouseau: I find it a coincidence, that his body fell precisely within the chalk lines.

There are funny scenes too numerous to mention and the only times the movie actually slows down are those scenes that have singer Beyoncé Knowles showcasing her so-so acting chops. While I agree that Steve Martin made most of the things in this movie work it was the deadpan reactions of Jean Reno who held the jokes that made the movie. This won't rank along with the old Pink Panther movies that Mr. Sellers did awhile back it can stand on its own with its charm and great humor. I just wish the ending weren't as obvious and predictable as an episode of Scooby Doo.

* Check out also the review in Hollywood Jesus for more insightful reactions to this good movie.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?