<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Here's something I got from an old, but not that old, copy of Reader's Digest:
Two PRAWNS, Tom and Christian, were swimming around in shark-infested waters discussing how difficult their lives were.

"We never know when we're going to get eaten," said Tom. "I wish I was a shark - then I wouldn't have to worry."

At that moment, a shoal of cod appeared. "Your wish is granted," they chanted and, pow, Tom turned into a great white shark. Christian, terrified of his former best friend, swam away and hid.

Months passed and life grew very lonely for Tom. Whenever he saw his old prawn friends, they swam away in fear. Christian was so upset by his oldest pal joining the enemy that he refused to leave his house.

Desperate to put things right, Tom searched everywhere for the mysterious cod. Eventually, he found them.

"Please, make me a prawn again," he begged.

*Poof!*

- he was a shellfish once more.

With tears of joy in his little eyes, Tom swam home to Christian.

He banged on his door and said, "It's me! Tom! Come out and see how I've changed!"

"No," Christian replied. "I won't be tricked into being your dinner."

"But that was the old me," implored Tom. "I've found cod! I'm a prawn again, Christian!"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?